The following information is supplied from the website GuestDiary.com (www.guestdiary.com)
16 Ways to Improve your Website Room Sales1 Proritise your channels
. - Ie Close out the expensive channels if you can sell weekends in summer direct.2 Offer an incentive to book Direct.
ie Free Parking, Free Late Check Out, Free Breakfast etc.3 Make sure your website has mobile Booking Facilities
. - In some countries online booking exceed PC Bookings.4 Make sure your website is multi lingual
- In London 70% of online bookings are from overseas guests.5 Maintain a Google Adwords Campaign
. - Do this or see bookings ‘bleed’ to the OTA’s.6 Make sure the website is updated.
- A ‘dead’ website makes bookers think ‘no one is in’.7 Have ‘useful’ content on the website - ‘10 things to do on a rainy day in the area’ etc.
8 Consider ‘Paid’ FaceBook Marketing
. - How else can you reach… ‘people with an interest in cycling within a 100 miles radius’?9 Keep your FaceBook Page uptodate
. - ‘Millenials’ are said to be looking at their FaceBook Feed more often than they are doing google searches.10 Invest in good quality photography.
- A website is basically a content holder for photos.11 Promote your website address inside the property.
- In the reception, in the toilets, on the breakfast table etc12 Maintain Special offers on your website.
- Stay Friday and Saturday get Sunday Half Price etc.13 Give Departing Guests a reason to come back.
- Ie A Business Card with a Promotion Code on.14 Promote your website address in your e mail ‘signature’
. - ie ‘Best Rates on our website….’ etc.15 Simplify the Booking Process
. - Ie Don’t request a postal address with Mobile Bookings.16 Display reasons to book direct in the Booking Process
. - Ie ‘Best Rate Guarantee’ notices.